This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Passcode issue with Windows phones

I have numerous WM10 phones starting to report they do not have a passcode (they do and have done since being built)

There have been no changes to SMC so am at a loss as to why they are starting to report they have no passcode.

If you look in the device properties it is showing

PasscodePresent

The only way I have found so far is a wipe of the device and re-enrolling it

Any ideas??

we are on Server version: 7.0.10 (rev 9932) though I will be updating to 7.1 tomorrow. 

John

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • This has just happened with us too, I assume its a bug with the Windows client app, OR an update to the phone OS has caused the app to not be able to see there is a passcode set.

Luckily we have managed to flush most of the Windows phones out of the business...!

Any help Sophos? please?

• Thanks for the info, it is odd that the issue is on a mix of WM versions and different models of phone and different Sophos Mobile client versions.

With 180 devices reporting "no passcode" (and rising) this is a problem.

John

• The update to V7.1.4 did not fix the issue

John

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hello John,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Could you please let us know what Windows Mobile versions are affected, the version of the OS they're running, what updates are applied, what Sophos Mobile versions are installed, does the issue no return after wiping and re-enrolling? What about new devices that are fully updated then setup, do they suffer the same issue?

• Hi Toby

The devices are Lumia 650s and Lumia 640s

The firmware versions are

WM 10.0.15063.674
    WM 10.0.15063.540
    WM 10.0.15063.483
    WM 10.0.15063.608
    WM 10.0.15063.297
    WM 10.0.15254.1
    WM 10.0.15063.414

The Control apps are

The first date detected was 06/10/2017

If a device is wiped and re-enrolled they seem OK

Un-enrolling a device and re-enrolling does not seem to work 

Devices that are compliant do not have the option to remove the pin but ones that have become non-compliant do have the option to remove the pin

When built the policy accepts a simple pin ie 1234 but once they go non-compliant this type of pin is now not acceptable

Not all devices have gone non-compliant, however more are failing each day.

Hope this helps

John

• Hi,

phone that I wiped and re-added yesterday has just failed again, only thing I did was accept "Windows Hello" though the phone does say it does not support it.

It did ask for the pin at this point.

John

• Hi everyone,

this issue should be solved following this knowledgebase article.

Best regards
    Stefan

• Stefan,

applied the patch and changed the password profile and synced as recommended, the volume of non compliant phones dropped from 286 down to 112 but they are beginning to go non compliant again now up to 187 Any ideas?

John

• Hi John,

is the compliance violation again stating that the device has no passcode configured?

Best regards

Stefan

• Stefan,

Yes correct it is stating that no passcode is present. I am just wiping one phone and re-enrolling it to see if it stays OK but with 188 now reporting in as non-compliant I would prefer not to have to do this for all devices

Update, the wiped and re-enrolled device is at the moment all OK, just have to wait now to see if it stays OK

John