This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

iOS 11.0.1 problems with SMC Location Services

We have noticed a problem with SMC location services running on iOS 11.0.1

Throws up a non compliance, instructions send you to Settings, Privacy, Location Services whereby the settings for the SMC app have disappeared.

Upon selecting to change the SMC Location settings you are only presented with "Never", upon selecting "Never" you can then go out, back in and choose other option.

However, these settings do not stick and the Location Services setting for SMC reverts to being blank.

Have tried reinstalling SMC and re-enrolling the device but no luck. All my iOS 11.0.0 devices are functioning correctly.

We are using Sophos Central Mobile

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks,

Craig

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • We have the same problem with SMC on premise.
  • Hy ,

we have the same problems after using the app-version 7.1.1.175 in IOS 11.x

With the old app all was fine.

Today I installed the newest server-version, but ist wasn't helpful.

After that I changed the settings in the compliance on the server.

Now our users can work with their IPhones.

I opened a ticket, but I didn't get an answer.

• We rolled the iPhone that was on iOS 11.0.1 back to iOS 11.0.0 and rebuilt it, the problem also exists on phones that are deployed with iOS11.0.0

It seems that if phones are deployed into SMC on iOS 10.3.* then the app is updated to 7.11 they maintain their location services settings.

Has anyone had any feed back from Sophos about this? It's kind of holding up our iPhone Deployment

• I'm seeing the same thing.  Devices on iOS 10 upgraded to 11, no issues.  New devices on iOS 11, cannot give Control permission to access location.

• Hi  

This is an issue that we are aware of and we have assigned it a BUG-ID of: SMCIOS-431. It is estimated to be fixed in version 7.1.2 (SR2).

Thanks,
    Karlos 

Karlos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.
  • Hello @all

we have exact the same issue with one of our devices.

While maintain those issues I've found some new bugs that seem to cause it.

- everything worked fine with the iOS 11 beta releases. i think it was the last SMC App Update

- an entry on the device itself on the SMC-Admin-Page is gone. I try to explain it (our SMC is in german) there is a tab at "custom settings" which has no entrys anymore. Before there was the Apple Sync ID

I hope this can help to solve the bug asap. 

Its a scandal that nowadays the hotline support team seems to stop working or just outsourced the support into some third world countries. After hours and days of calling the hotline it was impossible to get pass the hold queue music.

• We got the same problem with Control App & Location Service

we have only the selection on "never" for the control app in the location services

if you activate it and leave the menu briefly, you can see the other settings.
    when these are selected, however, it has no effect

when will the update come out?

• Unfortunately, v7.1.2 has no set release date at this point. I will update this thread as soon as we have an ETA. 

Thanks,
    Karlos

Karlos

• Thanks for providing your findings. 

When did you call our Support line and what number did you dial? We have Call Centres all over the world since we use the "Follow the Sun" model so we can be available 24/7 to our customers. There may be some times that we experience higher than normal call volumes so wait times may be longer. 

In these cases, you can also create a ticket online via Web Form, through SophServ or use our Support Live Chat: Support Contact

Thanks,

Karlos

Karlos

• Was soll der Unsinn ????[:@]

7.1.2 ist seit 19h raus. Lässt sich aber nicht updaten via Appstore[:'(]