This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DEP Profile "assign User to device"

Hello, Has anyone managed to get the DEP enrollment process to work with the "assign user to device" enabled in your Apple DEP profiles? i have the enrollment process working but when i enable "assign user to device" this i get the following message " the configuration for your iphone could not be downloaded from the "ORG" Invalid profile, if i disable this it works as expected/

also did you figure out how to apply your config?

thanks in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Andrew,

please make sure that you have installed the latest SMC 6.1.12 patch available for download on sophos.com.
    It contains bug fixes around the DEP enrollment procedure which also affected the "Assign user" option.
    There was a bug within SMC where this option did not work if the user which was entered on the iOS device was unknown to the SMC server.

Best regards
    Stefan

• thanks, i wasn't aware of the updated patch, i only upgraded and patched upto the latest version in july, this has resolved the problems with my DEV sever, will be applying to the live next week.

do you think there will ever be an option to choose the "device group" so when the process completes the relevant task bundle task starts?

thanks

• Hi Andrew,

with SMC 7 scheduled for end of this year there will be a new feature for DEP so you could specify a task bundle for DEP devices which should be executed when the enrollment finished.

Best regards
    Stefan

• thanks, we are already executing a task bundle when DEP enrollment finishes within SMC, i currently have it setup to deploy the task bundle via the "default" compliance rule, it just would be nice to have the ability upon enrollment to choose a specific device group therefor different sets of compliance rules to could be assigned which is relevant to the device group.

thank for the continued support.

Andy

• Hello Andrew,

i do have the same problem.  if i use : "assing User to device" ik get an erro.

is patch 6.1.12 the solution ?

• yes, the patch fixed this problems and other problems i was seeing when devices were attempting to download profiles on my dev and live environment.

• Unfortunately, it is not working.  

Yesterday we installed Sophos control 7 but   the Function Assing User to device is still not working.

Andrew Why do you use it ? what is the use of the function ?

• i have version 7 running in a dev environment and that is working fine using DEP.

have you created a DEP profile thats deployed to the devices? we use DEP for seamless deployment to devices, devices can be delivered direct to uses rather than coming into IT for their device setting up and enrolling.

once the user logins into their device use their AD credentials the device sets itself up, supervises the device, install default apps from our VPP account (without apple ID), apply's user email config and makes the device compliant on the sms server. seamless and slick and all one touch.

unfortunately our smc licenses expires soon so looking at trend MDM and having to do it all again :-(

• Thats the function that we also need. 

we alse use DEP, and delivers  the device directly  to our users.    at what time do you have to login in with your AD Credentials ?

if i Use the function Assign user to device,  we still get an error at profile downloading.

• from a factory reset, the device boots, you connect to wifi or 3g, the next screen is a DEP splash screen, the next screen requests credentials.

does it work if you disable assign user to device?