This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Undefined Communication Error

Hello Everybody,

i have just installed the latest version of SMC and configured Settings, Profiles etc. as named in die Administration Guide.

Whem i'm trying to active a Device via Mobile Control App (Android and iOS) the app says that there's an undefined communication error - directly after scanning the QR Code or typing the credentials manually. Theres no Error-Code or something.

Has anyone an idea what i could have done wrong?

Thanks a lot

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Matthias

Try this

1. Log in to the Sophos Mobile Control web console with a super administrator account
    2. Go to "Setup | System setup"
    3. Switch to the "SSL" tab
    4. Press the "Auto-discover certificate(s)" button
    5. The Sophos Mobile Control server tries to detect all SSL certificates involved in the connection. The certificates should be listed after pressing the button.
      If the Sophos Mobile Control server cannot resolve the external URL (for whatever reason), you have to manually upload the certificates, which will presented to the Sophos Mobile Control clients. Certificates which should be uploaded have to be in the .der or .cer format.
    6. Save the changes
    7. Try the registration of the mobile device again

Please note: If your certificates change, you have to update them as well using the procedure above.

Thanks

PaulD

• Hello,

I have running self generated certificate on my server and it will expire after few years. I would like to replace it with new actual certificate generated by trust authority and it is wildcard such like *.mydomain.com. When I open execute 1 to 5 incl. import of .cer file I have two lines certificates. The first one is the self generated, the second one - trusted wildcard.

When I delete the self-generated and save, the server continue to use it, even in the menu is visible only the trusted one.

Do you have any advice how to proceed in order to have the only trusted certificate.

Best,

Lirik

• Although 3 1/2 years old same thing happens right now. Sophos Mobile is cloud-based via Sophos Central. Provisioning devices worked the last days so I guess its a server issue...

Regards, Jelle

Sophos XG210-HA (SFOS 18.0.4) on SG210 appliances with Sandstorm and 1x AP55
    Sophos Central with Intercept X Advanced, Device Encryption, Phish Threat, Mobile Control Advanced

If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi.

Same here.

We have four Android devices that cannot sync since this morning. We are using the cloud based SMC. One device was manually deregistered and when registering new, we got the unspecific communication error...

Are there any communication problems known right now?

Regards, Christian

• Same here beginning this morning. All of our devices lost connection and cannot resync. Also new registrations fail due to an unknown error. The logs from Mobile Control show an "Error 503" to smc-device-if-cloudstation-eu-central-1.prod.hydra.sophos.com

• can you help please? We have several devices which have been reset and now are waiting to be provisioned...

Regards, Jelle

Sophos Central with Intercept X Advanced, Device Encryption, Phish Threat, Mobile Control Advanced

• 503 -> Service unavailable  [st]

Regards, Jelle

• I opened a case at Sophos support

Regards, Jelle

• I can register my android device again. Communication seams to be working.