This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Installation of an IOS App fails with MDM error -45

We want to install an internal App to our iPads.

On some iPads I get the error

An MDM command could not be executed.-45 Completely failed

On details I see:

InstallApplicationError[12026][MCMDMErrorDomain]The app “com.stoll.stollsd” is already scheduled for management.Jul 20, 2015 7:03 AM

But there is no scheduled job. I restarted the iPad. I restarted the server. Other Apps I can install on the iPad.

Where is here the mistake?

Thanks Torsten

:57992

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Torsten,

sorry for the late response.

Is there maybe any pending task within the task view of Sophos Mobile Control?

Can you delete these tasks if they exist?

What happens if you synchronize the device with the Sophos Mobile Control server and try the installation afterwards again?

Best regards
    Stefan

:58049
  • Hello Stefan,

no, there was no open task in the Sophos Mobil Control.

The solution for me was to disconect the iPad from the Sophon Mobil Control Server, delete the device in the SMC and make a new connection between iPad and SCM.

Not the best solution. But now I was able to installthe App.

for your information. The app wasn't a App from the Apple Store. It was a self developed app

Thanks Torsten

:58106
  • I experienced the same thing here today. Yesterday I sent a taskbundle to 15 iPads to install the chrome browser. 100% success. Then I deleted the browser via taskbundle from that 15 devices and rolled out the task bundle to 172 iPads. Error -45, "A MDM-Command could not be executed". 15 Devices received chrome, a lot of taskbundles are still pending but what's bad is that there are a lot of failed taskbundles.
  • Addition: When I send out the same taskbundle to a device that failed before with that taskbundle, it succeeds. I think that it's a problem of too many taskbundles at one time?
  • Dear all,

I'm facing the same problem. I have 90 iPads and in-house app. Old version is installed on devices and when I create task to install new version and for 41 of them I got that message: "An MDM command could not be executed.    -45    Completely failed" and in details: "[12026][MCMDMErrorDomain]The app “my.App.v102.Prod” is already scheduled for management."

Do you have any advice where and what I have to check in order to be delivered the new version of app on devices. Also, what is the best approach to install app - some kind of step by step for admins and users manual.

Many thanks,

Kiril

• Hello Everybody, 

i do have the exact same problem,

is there already an Solution ?

we have 10 ipads with the error. 

But there are also a couple of ipads working well. 

please help

kind REgards

Roy Timmermans

• i have had this issue too on many app installs from the app store and internally developed apps.

the solution i found to the error below when attempting to create a task "when no other tasks were visible in SMC" was to power off the device, leave it 60 seconds and power it back on, then look on the home screen for an app struggling to install (the strugling app wasn't visible on the device previous to power off), press and delete this app from the device then try install from SMC again, worked 100%

"An MDM command could not be executed. -45 Completely failed" and in details: "[12026][MCMDMErrorDomain]The app “my.App.v102.Prod” is already scheduled for management."

• I thought this is something not related to my research but yes it does. Download AppEven to avoid all these errors. Thanks to AppEven Developers.

• Sometimes just restarting your device can fix the problem. In my case, "Modern Setup Host Has Stopped Working" I tried everything to fix this issue. But nothing worked until I restart my PC.

I am a Senior Writer at HowAndWoW.