This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Install Android APK application in Android 4.1 silently

Hello all,

I would like to install an APK application into my Android corporative devices -almost 700-. I rather to install the application silently than ask users to install but some devices are able to install with prompt -no action required by user- but others ask permission to install.

All smartphones are the same model Samsung Galaxy ACE 2 with Android 4.1. 

Is there any special configuration or procedure to achieve my goal?

Thanks in advance

:50002

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Carlos,

if the Samsung SAFE Plugin is installed, you should be able to install APK files hosted on your server without any user internaction. Applications which are downloaded from the Play Store cannot be installed silenty.

However, there might be differences between Samsung devices as providers could also remove functionality regarding the Samsung SAFE API by their branding.

Best regards

Stefan

:50114
  • Thanks for your help. After checking your answer I realized that Samsung Pluging is not installed in some devices so that is the reason because we are not able to deploy de APP without prompting.

Thank you so much!

:50324
  • Sorry, as far as I know, this pluging is impossible to install in Gingerbread Android versions (2.3.6). Is it correct? We have checked that it is okay in JB Android but in GB the app is displaying a message something like "The app is not valid for this device".

Regards

:50328
  • More than 600 views and no answers?

:mansurprised:

:50744
  • Hi Carlos,

there are some devices which simply do not support the SAFE API.

The SMC client verifys during the installation if SAFE specific services are available on the device.
    If they are found, the client will ask the user to install the Plugin and forwards to the Google Play Store.

Furthermore, you require at least Android 4.0.3... former Android versions did not have the SAFE API, as far as I know.

Best regards

Stefan

:50834
  • Thanks for your answer. We were pretty sure that this plugin was unable to install on 2.3.6 but we needed your answer officially.

Once again, thanks for your help.

:50878