This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

OTP from Authenticator does not work with Acclaim/Cisco/Google and intermittent with OpenWrt Forum

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hi everyone,

Quick question on the Authenticator module of Intercept X for Android. I noticed this back then but didn't pay much attention until today.

I enabled 2FA for my account in the OpenWrt forum, and I used Intercept X for my authenticator instead of Google's. When I logged in today, I noticed that the site keeps on saying I entered an incorrect code even if I made sure I typed it within the time it was valid. I waited for it to change and entered a new one then retried, but it still doesn't go through. The first three instances I tried, I was entering the new code during the first half of it's duration (I'm referring to the circle that slowly fills out as the time lapses). Since it didn't go through, I decided to wait for the duration to lapse into the second half and entered the code. By some miracle, the site took it.

Now the reason why I decided to ask today is because I have encountered a similar issue before with the Acclaim website by Credly as I have an account there for my digital badges. It worked for a few months then suddenly stopped working, and by that I mean the site keeps on saying the codes generated are incorrect regardless if the code's validity is within the duration or even after. I decided to ignore it at the time so I just disabled 2FA for my Acclaim account. Then after some time, I found time to move my 2FA for my Google account to Intercept X. The setup completed successfully. But when I decided to test it by logging out then logging back in, the problem happens again: keeps on saying the codes are incorrect. I had no choice but to put it back to Google Authenticator. For some reason this problem also happens in my Cisco account. When I try to set it up, it keeps on saying the QR code has something missing and I can't complete the setup. I had no choice but to use Google Authenticator for my Cisco account.  With what happened in my OpenWrt account today, I decided to ask.

Is there anyone else encountering this problem with the Authenticator for the sites I mentioned: Acclaim, Cisco, Google and OpenWrt? If so, can you share what you did as a workaround? Thanks in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children