This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Private and self-hosted apps - Android Enterprise Device Owner

HI is this at all possible with sophos on-premis?

we have a none managed google play hosted app we would like to install on devices in owner mode. i see Private and self-hosted apps in the web help but no other info i can find as yet :-(

thanks

Andy

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

Using the Sophos On-premise, you can deploy the device any of the two available modes - device or profile owner mode. For more information, please refer to this document.

Public work apps are apps that are available to all users with a Managed Google Play Account. Private work apps are apps developed by you that are only available to users inside your Managed Google Domain.

Self-hosted work apps can be available to users through a Managed Google Play Account. It is a type of private work apps for which .apk file is available. For more information, please refer to this document. You can add the .apk using add app from the web console, refer the document.

You can also refer to how to set up managed google domain here. For your scenario, you need the .apk file, so without setting up managed google domain, through a managed Google Play Account.

Please let us know if you need any other help.

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

• im sorry but im confused, must be the isolation im currently in :-)

we have the apk file and a managed google play account, devices are enrolled in device owner mode, we cant install the self hosted apk file ondevice owner enrolled devices. from your post above i believe this is what we need but unsure how to get this working.

Self-hosted work apps can be available to users through a Managed Google Play Account. It is a type of private work apps for which .apk file is available. For more information, please refer to this document. You can add the .apk using add app from the web console, refer the document.

• im sorry but im confused, must be the isolation im currently in :-)

we have the apk file and a managed google play account, devices are enrolled in device owner mode, we cant install the self hosted apk file ondevice owner enrolled devices. from your post above i believe this is what we need but unsure how to get this working.

Self-hosted work apps can be available to users through a Managed Google Play Account. It is a type of private work apps for which .apk file is available. For more information, please refer to this document. You can add the .apk using add app from the web console, refer the document.

Children
  • Hi  

No worries.

Self-hosted work apps can work with android enterprise device owner mode as it works with managed google play account.

Self-hosted work apps are private apps for which the app package (that is the APK file) is located on a server belonging to your organization instead of the Google server. However, the app store metadata for self-hosted apps must be uploaded to Google so that the app can be distributed through managed Google Play.

Please refer this document from google on how you can upload the metadata of the app on google which is needed for the above-mentioned apps.

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link