DEP profile "Supervised"-Checkbox is missing

Hi,

we are currently testing to manage iOS-DEP-devices in Sophos Mobile Control. Therefore i've created DEP profile. We also want to supervise all iOS-Device but in the wizard for the DEP-Profile the Checkbox is missing.

Does anybody know this issue?

Best regards,

Robby Gorek

• Hi

I am assuming that you are using Sophos mobile on-premise. Please refer to this document where how to check the option is mentioned while enrolment of the device.

• In reply to Jasmin:

Yes we are using the on-premise solution. I followed the instructions but the option "Supervise device" is not shown in the wizard. I can see only the four other options.

Best regards,

Robby Gorek

• In reply to Gorek:

Hi   

Since the device is DEP enrolled, it will automatically set itself in supervised mode. This has been recently changed, hence, the option is missing from the profile. Apple has recently changed its behavior around DEP devices. With the release of iOS 13, Apple decided that all DEP devices are always supervised. Can you check if any of the devices are running IOS 13 or lower? 

• In reply to Shweta:

Your right...works automatically. I think Sophos should add this in the documentation;)

Best regards and thanks,

Robby Gorek

• In reply to Gorek:

Hi  

Thank you for your suggestion, we will pass on the feedback to the concerned team for this. Feel free to reach out to us for any further concerns.