Sophos Central Mobile Alert: Android Enterprise connection error...

Hi Sophos-Experts!

We sporadic get an central alert like this:

Android Enterprise connection error (Unauthorized access. Make sure all required APIs are enabled.)

I can't find any documentation on this error, can someone please explain whats the matter?

Thank you in advance!

• In reply to ChristianD:

Hi  

Please follow below steps to accept the Terms of Service:

1. Sign in to managed Google Play with your super administrator account.
    2. Click on updates on the left (This will show you the permissions required page)
    3. Click the link to review the full Terms of Service.
    4. Check the agreement box and click Accept.

If your organization is subject to the European Union’s (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you should register the contact details of your data protection officer (DPO) or EU representative after accepting the Terms of Service.

It is important that the account that was actually used for the registration is really used.

• In reply to Shweta:

Thank you Shweta - that's the page shown within step 2 (no link to review the full Terms of Service):

Translation:
    New permissions required
    No new permissions need to be approved.

Yes, our organization is subject to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - In the adminsettings, I filled in the name an email address of our DPO (no phone).

What do you mean with "It is important that the account that was actually used for the registration is really used."? - I can login with the account, release apps and so on.

Hi  

I meant that the admin account that initially carried out the Android Enterprise Setup. If you are still receiving the alert after this, I would suggest opening a support case along with the device logs. Please PM me the license details or the case number if you have already one. 

• In reply to Shweta:

Hi Shweta,

the problem was in the main solved by the Sophos Global Escalation Support Team.
    The root cause was the removal of the initial admin from Google Play. I re-added that account and now the error isn't occuring anymore.

Thank you very much for your support!

Christian

Hi  

Glad to know that it has been resolved for you now. Feel free to reach out to us for any further concerns.