This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem in deploying app using Sophos Mobile on MAC OS

Hi

I am trying to deploy Applications using Sophos mobile on MAC OS ( IMACs and Mac Books). 

I create a package ( pkg ) from .app.  For example I create an Numbers.pkg using the command :

pkgbuild --component /Applications/Numbers.app Numbers.pkg

I successfully upload the .pkg file to Sophos mobile Sophos-Mobile --> Apps --> macOS --> AddApp

I then install the application on the selected device using Sophos-Mobile -->Device --> Selected Device --> Installed Apps --> + Install APp

I see the status as successful on the Sophos Mobile - however the application is not installed on the device.

I am able to install .pkg files that are pre-built as .pkg , i.e. I do not have to build them using pkgbuild process using the above process.

Is there an example on how to install apps that are in .dmg format ? For example how to deploy Chrome browser on macOS using Sophos Mobile ?

Thanks
rehan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Hi  

I did some investigation at my end, and have tried to install chrome as well as numbers .pkg with MDM(I will try with iterm2 as well). When tried to install manually as well, we are getting certificate error that this application is untrusted. I did check with the escalation team for this, and it seems that when .dmg files are converted to .pkg file, the app store recognizes the certificate as untrusted and this is the reason it is not getting installed on the device. For getting the app(.pkg file) trusted certificate, is something Apple development/support team looks into. I would recommend you to check with the Apple support team as well once. 

Shweta

Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation@SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos! - Visit Sophos Techvids
Children