This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem in deploying app using Sophos Mobile on MAC OS

Hi

I am trying to deploy Applications using Sophos mobile on MAC OS ( IMACs and Mac Books). 

I create a package ( pkg ) from .app.  For example I create an Numbers.pkg using the command :

pkgbuild --component /Applications/Numbers.app Numbers.pkg

I successfully upload the .pkg file to Sophos mobile Sophos-Mobile --> Apps --> macOS --> AddApp

I then install the application on the selected device using Sophos-Mobile -->Device --> Selected Device --> Installed Apps --> + Install APp

I see the status as successful on the Sophos Mobile - however the application is not installed on the device.

I am able to install .pkg files that are pre-built as .pkg , i.e. I do not have to build them using pkgbuild process using the above process.

Is there an example on how to install apps that are in .dmg format ? For example how to deploy Chrome browser on macOS using Sophos Mobile ?

Thanks
rehan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Hi  

Please help me with the answers for the below queries:

1. Please suggest the macOS version installed on the destination machine.

2. Would you please suggest for which application you have installed through .pkg files? Once we have the name of the application we can try installing the application on our test machine.

3. Have you tried installing .pkg package manually for any these applications - firefox, chrome, numbers? 

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

Children