This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

iOS Update Not Working as Expected?

I have had a very inconsistent and frustrating experience updating iOS on our iPads. I am currently using the Sophos cloud portal. It is hit and misses, but mostly misses. As an example, I was able to successfully update 5 iPads, but 3 others will not. I have tried using task bundles, using actions>show available updates>Install the latest update available. I have tried Compliance Policies that are linked to the devices and set the minimum OS version to the latest and set a transfer task bundle. These devices are all on wifi and are manageable through the Sophos portal in a Supervised mode. I have other iPads in the field that just won't update. I can not provide logs from the iPads since these are restaurants. I just don't understand why this is so wildly inconsistent and quite frankly the iOS update is unusable for me at this point. I need help!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • hi,

can i ask a few questions 

do you have any form of ios update delay set on your restrictions policy?

are the devices of adequate battery level reporting in the smc console?

on your compliance policy what is the Mandatory OS updates set to?

Andy

• Do you have any form of ios update delay set on your restrictions policy? - Yes, 2 days.

Are the devices of adequate battery level reporting in the SMC console? - Yes, all on AC power and 100%

Compliance policy what is the Mandatory OS updates set to? Do not have one set. None

• thanks for the answers but seems it doesn't help you very much. will keep following and thinking as we have over 2000 ios devices in our console and i need to push updates out soon. previous server version i had no issues updating but not tested on server version 9.0.6.

DEP does seem to be broke for ios 13.1.2 for server version 9.0.6 and still working with support on that one.

i asked about the ios update delay as ive found if a delay is set, you can force the update from the console but if there user isnt activly looking for the update it doesnt always update. daft question but the ipad does have enough storage?

• I appreciate you trying. These are all either 64GB or 128GB and no issue with storage. The strange thing as an example, I have 8 iPads in one restaurant. I was able to get 5 to update, the others will not no matter the methods I try. Other locations, same issue. They all are on wifi and manageable through the portal

• hi just a quick question, unsure if you managed to resolve this? the current IOS version of the devices, they are not IOS 11.4.1 are they? i believe there is a bug with the version regarding updating via MDM.

Andy

Reply Children
No Data