This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Illegal reflective access by org.wildfly.extension.elytron.SSLDefinitions

I am setting up a new instance of Sophos Mobile Control 9.0.2 and on page 8 of the Installation Guide it says:

-=-=-=-=-

On the computer on which you’ve installed the Sophos Mobile server, run the script
%MDM_HOME%\tools\HostValidationUndertowFilter\addModule.bat

Replace %MDM_HOME% by your Sophos Mobile installation folder

-=-=-=-=-

On this server, I checked the Environment Variables and there is already one set up for %MDM_HOME% and it points to the correct path (In my case it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos Mobile)

The problem is, when you try to run the script you get an error 'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external comment, operable program or batch file. This is obviously because of the space in the path. So the solution was to edit the script before running it. In the script, manually substitute the variable with the actual path; then wrap that whole thing in quotes.

After doing that and running the script (as an admin), the script ran, BUT I received the following error message:

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred.
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.wildfly.extension.elytron.SSLDefinitions (jar:file:...)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.wildfly.extension.elytron.SSLDefinitions
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of futher illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in future release

I called Sophos tech support and after waiting almost 45 minutes for someone to pick up, I got an agent on the phone who clearly was having a bad day because he sounded annoyed from the start, kept cutting me off as I was trying to explain the situation and when he realized this was a new install, immediately shut me down and said I had to hire a consultant since they do not offer support for new deployments. Fair enough, but I was trying to explain that this is an issue with their installer. He didn't want to hear it. So hoping someone on the forum here has come across this and knows how to fix it. (Or is it safe to ignore)

Rather than updating my existing Sophos MDM (which is running on Server 2012) I decided to build a new instance on Server 2019 and then decommission the old one. This is a brand new VM running Windows Server 2019 and Java 1.8.0_211. I did not separately install Java so I assume it was installed as I was installing Sophos Mobile Control 9.02

This thread was automatically locked due to age.