This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Android for Work and car Infotainmentsystems

Hi!

Android Enterprise is a very nice method to manage the mobile devices of our customers, but I have trouble with one thing.

Most Infotainmentsystems of cars aren't able to access the corporate contacts in both Android Enterprise management modes.

Does someone have a solution for this Problem?

Best Greetings,

Malte

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

I believe when you say most infotainment systems of cars, you mean Android Auto. 

The corporate contacts sharing must be disabled by your administrator. 

As per this article, "Your administrator might also allow you to search for work contacts from your personal contacts and dialer apps on your device with Android 7.0 Nougat or later.

The policy that governs this behavior is Device Management -> Android Settings -> Apps & Data Sharing -> Sharing to other profiles  ==  Allow content sharing from Work Profile to personal space. (Work Profile only)"

Thanks,
    Yashraj Singha
    Manager | Global Community Support
    Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation | @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question, please use the "Verify Answer" button.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
  • Hi Yashraj,

no I dind't mean Android Auto.

I mean the basic Bluetooth Functionality most cars have.

Normally I connect a device with my car just through bluetooth and it imports my contacts and im able to call them trough my infotainmentsystem.

I tried a lot these days.

The Problem is with both Android Enterprise Management Modes.

But I have the suspicion, that Android 7.0 is the Problem.

Most Android 8.0 can be used with bluetooth in device owner mode.

I'll keep you updated.

• After you have entered an Android for Work Account (under System Settings) you are able to create Profiles in "Android Enterprise Device Owner Mode".

On www.play.google.com/work you are able to Logon with your AFW credentials and approve Apps to deploy later.

In The Point "Apps" in the Admin Center you have the Button "Sync App List with Google" and under "managed Apps" you can edit the app an see the parameters for provisioning.

Then you have to Reset the Phone to Factory defaults and enter instead of your google ID the code "afw#sophos" (Without "").

After that the device downloads the App Sophos Mobile Control and you are Able to Enroll the Android for Work Profile.

• Update:

It seems that the problem is with Android 7 in Device Owner Mode.

Devices with Android 8.0 and higher seem to not have that problem.

I have ordered an new phone to test ist.

keep you updated.

• thanks, i found is googling afw# as i remembered the airwatch one, many thanks for the info.

Reply Children
No Data