This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Android: Manage system installed apps - disable MS Office and hide app icon

Does anyone know of a way to disable and hide pre-installed (aka system apps) such as MS Office (Word, Powerpoint) using SMC?

Reason for this is they rely on Galaxy Apps - but we have to keep this disabled for our users to keep it managed.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,

I have upgraded to Sophos Mobile Advanced, set up device groups, app groups for blocked etc, policies, task bundles, installed apps using android enterprise and installed SMC and Intercept X and have them managed under corporate. The apps that i designated in the compliance policy that "Forbidden Apps correspond to the "BLOCKED" app group. This however only displays that an app that is forbidden is on the device and that it needs to be uninstalled. I have not seen a way to disable the system apps or bar them from being started via a custom task bundle. I hope i am being concise in my explanation. 

@Itdalbenas

Hi Simon,

the only option to achieve this on an Android device would be to use a so called "App Control" profile. Within this profile you can define apps which the user is not allowed to start.
    Completely hiding them is not possible.

Hope it helps.

Best regards
    Stefan

• Hi there, 

Android system apps are automatically allowed. If you specify Forbidden apps, the device will no longer be compliant if these apps are detected. As suggested above, the available settings in Android Enterprise policy are the "App control" where you can define the list of the app which users should not open.

Shweta

Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation@SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos! - Visit Sophos Techvids
Reply Children
No Data