This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WhatsApp Detection on iPhone do not work

Hello,

in our Company we use Sophos mobile Control on more than 20 iPhones. Because of the DSGVO we had to block WhatsApp on these devices.

I have managed it to set WhatsApp on the List for forbidden Apps and the Sophos Mobile Control App succesfully show me that my device is not compliant with the security policies.

My Problem now is, that after i deinstalled WhatsApp on the device, SMC still shows that the iPhone is not compliant with the policy. It seems to me, that SMC doesnt recognize the deinstallation. 

I also have "Pokemon Go" on the same list of blocked Apps and for this App it worked. SMC show me a warning if the App installed, and is compliant once the App is deinstalled.

Do you have suggestions what i can do? Now it shows every device in SMC at the Dashboard as not compliant (high), and i cannot see if everybody has already deinstalled WhatsApp.

I already tried to install WhatsApp again and deinstall it again. And i restarded the iPhone, but that didnt solved the Problem.

Regards,

Gerodur MPM Kunststoffverarbeitung GmbH & Co. KG

Robby Lammel

Dipl.-Wirt.-Inf. (BA)

Systemadministrator IT

This thread was automatically locked due to age.