This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Android: Allow fingerprint authentication for Sophos container

Hi there,

I want to use fingerprint authentication for my Sophos container on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Android 6.0.1) but I can't find any option in the Sophos Email app to activate this feature. The applied Sophos container policy allows fingerprint authentication for Android devices.

Are there any other special requierements for Android devices e.g. specific Android Version?

Thanks in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi DennyFischer,

Please help with some additional details so that I could get some better insight on the issue and assist you better.

* I see that you have mentioned the OS version as Android 6.0.1, May I know if it is Custom ROM or Stock?

* Have you tried the fingerprint authentication for other apps and are they working fine?

* Does your device have the latest Firmware installed in it?

* Is the Sophos Secure Workspace managed? and May I also have the version that you have installed?

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi,

thank you for your response.

* I see that you have mentioned the OS version as Android 6.0.1, May I know if it is Custom ROM or Stock?

It is the original Samsung ROM.

* Have you tried the fingerprint authentication for other apps and are they working fine?

I only use it for lock screen at this time. Can you recommend any other app for testing fingerprint authentication?

* Does your device have the latest Firmware installed in it?

Yes it is (Android 6.0.1 Build Number MMB29M.N910FXXU1DRI2).

* Is the Sophos Secure Workspace managed? and May I also have the version that you have installed?

Yes Sophos Secure Workspace is managed by Sophos Mobile Server 8.5.4 (rev 14904) on premise. Sophos Secure Email v6.3.1, Sophos SDK: 2.1408 and Sophos Secure Workspace 8.5.2651.

Thank you.

• Hi DennyFischer,

Thanks for the details, I tested this on a test mobile (Android 7.0) and it seems to work fine. However, in your case, it could be due to the known issue with Samsung devices running Android 6.x. Please refer this notes. (Check under the Known issues).

If you like to investigate further, I would suggest you to open a support ticket.

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

Reply Children
No Data