This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Mobile 8.5 portal not responding and Java process high CPU usage

Hi everybody,

My Sophos Mobile Customers have problem, when try to access SSP or Admin portal. When I started digging in to this problem, I saw high CPU usage (more than 65% of CPU) on Java process in Sophos Mobile server. When I restart Sophos Mobile Service everything works good, and Java process uses only 5-10 % of CPU. How I can troubleshoot this issue? TThis Issue started after Sophos Mobile Server upgrade from 8.1 to 8.5

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • After same digging in logs (status.log) I have found error like this:

<...>Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Metaspace

• I get this solution from Sophos Support:

Please open the following file on the SMC server with a text editor:% MDM_HOME% \ wildfly \ bin \ standalone.conf.bat
    - Search for -XX: MaxMetaspaceSize = 256m
    - Set the value from 265 to 384 
    - Save the configuration and restart the server completely

My question was that I can set more than 384m, Sophos Support asnwer was:

"<..>384m is the recommendation from our developers and you just need to make sure that not too much resources are wasted. <..> However you can set the value to 512m without any issues <..>"

• I get this solution from Sophos Support:

Please open the following file on the SMC server with a text editor:% MDM_HOME% \ wildfly \ bin \ standalone.conf.bat
    - Search for -XX: MaxMetaspaceSize = 256m
    - Set the value from 265 to 384 
    - Save the configuration and restart the server completely

My question was that I can set more than 384m, Sophos Support asnwer was:

"<..>384m is the recommendation from our developers and you just need to make sure that not too much resources are wasted. <..> However you can set the value to 512m without any issues <..>"

Children
No Data