This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IOS Activation Lock Bypass. Does anyone know if this actually works??

We recently purchased Sophos Mobile Central. We were guaranteed, that Sophos can bypass the IOS activation lock on supervised devices (enrolled in DEP).

So i have this setup, enrolled a device and it shows supervised and is under Apple DEP. I have the option to Bypass Activation Lock which worked successfully. Now what? In the device properties it shows [hidden] in the SMC/Show device.

I spoke with one Sophos support person, and they told me that a code is supposed to be generated. So where is it? How do i see it? I contacted another Sophos Support person, and they told me they don't know very much about the Activation Lock Bypass....That gave me a bit of a letdown since I just purchased this product. Doesn't raise confidence in the product. 

If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Yes. It does work. I have been iOS user for the last four years and i am pretty sure that it's working.  Whenever we want to bypass iOS activation lock we just have to use some tools or apps to perform this operation. I recommend you to use these apps or tools(igeeksradar.com/.../) to bypass iClod Activation Lock. Thanks.

• Thanks, but that's not what i was asking actually. I wanted to know if Sophos Mobile is able to do this and if anyone has had success with it. I appreciate the link to the other apps and tools though.

• never come across a device that's had activation lock on a device thats managed by an MDM and had activation locked bypass enabled on the MDM so i cant really help (so why comment)

i guessed that this will only come into force when a device is activation locked and by generating the bypass code on the server, its then sent to the device, never actually tested as not had a locked device passed to me. but its enabled for us and when one does pop its head round the corner ill send the bypass activation lock from the object on the server for the device and if nothing happens log this with sophos, microsoft or Vmware.....whichever MDM we are using at the time.

• never come across a device that's had activation lock on a device thats managed by an MDM and had activation locked bypass enabled on the MDM so i cant really help (so why comment)

i guessed that this will only come into force when a device is activation locked and by generating the bypass code on the server, its then sent to the device, never actually tested as not had a locked device passed to me. but its enabled for us and when one does pop its head round the corner ill send the bypass activation lock from the object on the server for the device and if nothing happens log this with sophos, microsoft or Vmware.....whichever MDM we are using at the time.

Children
No Data