This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issues with Activation Lock Bypass (possibly due to 8.1.3 upgrade?)

We have successfully done Activation Lock bypasses on devices prior to 8.1.3. However it seems anytime we try now the task completely fails stating : 

Device not found or invalid Activation Lock bypass code.-100 Completely failed

These are DEP devices that are showing as supervised in SMC. 

Any ideas on what to check (logs, etc) to see where the problem lies? Location and APN does work for these devices.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • FormerMember
    +1 FormerMember

Hello Michael,

This is an issue with the later versions of iOS, we have discussed this with Apple and currently have a workaround.

Please raise a case with Sophos Support quoting this reference SMCSRV-7091 when you raise a case and we'll take a look for you.

• Thank you, I had already opened a support case and had just had it resolved a short while before being notified of your reply. My issue was eventually resolved by enabling the activation lock bypass under the super admin customer, once that was saved we were able to un-enroll and then re-enroll a DEP iPhone and successfully bypassed Activation Lock via SMC task sequence. 

I responded to the ticket I opened referencing the case number you provided and I was informed that my case would be escalated to the internal development team.

• Thank you, I had already opened a support case and had just had it resolved a short while before being notified of your reply. My issue was eventually resolved by enabling the activation lock bypass under the super admin customer, once that was saved we were able to un-enroll and then re-enroll a DEP iPhone and successfully bypassed Activation Lock via SMC task sequence. 

I responded to the ticket I opened referencing the case number you provided and I was informed that my case would be escalated to the internal development team.

Children
No Data