This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Disable mail for laptops, allow for smartphones. Can this be done?

Hi there,

I have a question;

I'm running a Mobile Control environment to allow (iOS based) smartphones to access our (Exchange based) mail environment.

Now I want to gain a little control over Windows 10 based laptops; however, I do NOT want these laptops to be able to access our mail environment.

I realise just not pushing an exchange policy will not configure the Outlook client; however it would stil be possible by manually configuring the settings.

Another option (I guess) would be to configure another customer in SMC; however, the users using the laptops and the smartphones are the same (so two customers would need double licenses I guess)

Is it possible to disable/block mail access for this type of devices (based on Windows 10) while our smartphones continu to be able to use the mail?

Thanks!

Justin.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Justin, 

"Another option (I guess) would be to configure another customer in SMC; however, the users using the laptops and the smartphones are the same (so two customers would need double licenses I guess) "

No, the license is for the number of devices. If you have 20 you can set up 20 customers (tenants) which one device each.

Is it possible to disable/block mail access for this type of devices (based on Windows 10) while our smartphones continue to be able to use the mail?

Actually, there is a real standard feature to do this, I can imagine that the screenshot below may be helpful:

But the ONLY iOS and Android devices which have Sophos Secure Email installed will be able to read Emails. All other devices such as Macs, Windows Phone devices and Android from Samsung, LG and Sony (which are supported by their EAS capable apps) will be rejected. 

This is the only standard way which comes to my mind. 

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Justin, 

"Another option (I guess) would be to configure another customer in SMC; however, the users using the laptops and the smartphones are the same (so two customers would need double licenses I guess) "

No, the license is for the number of devices. If you have 20 you can set up 20 customers (tenants) which one device each.

Is it possible to disable/block mail access for this type of devices (based on Windows 10) while our smartphones continue to be able to use the mail?

Actually, there is a real standard feature to do this, I can imagine that the screenshot below may be helpful:

But the ONLY iOS and Android devices which have Sophos Secure Email installed will be able to read Emails. All other devices such as Macs, Windows Phone devices and Android from Samsung, LG and Sony (which are supported by their EAS capable apps) will be rejected. 

This is the only standard way which comes to my mind. 

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

Children
No Data