This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Outlook email app (iOS) via SMC

Hi,

is it possible to connect Outlook email app (iOS) via SMC gateway.

I get an error (email address / password not OK). Apple email works fine via SMC gateway with the same user/settings.

A direct connect from Outlook email app to the email server works fine, too.

Best

ML

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Regarding sophos support

For iOS devices, only the Apple Email app is allowed by default. The ActiveSync ID of the Apple Email is read from the SMC Client and made known to the SMC Server.
    Other email clients would need to be made known to the SMC server by manually typing the ActiveSync of the email client. Proceed as follows:

- set up the corresponding account in the new Email Client
    - In the easproxy.log of the SMC server, the ActiveSync ID of the new email client should now be visible from the device> copy it
    - log in to the SMC Admin Portal as super admin and activate the option "Show advanced device details" under "Setup> General> Private"
    - Call up the device details of the corresponding device within the client and switch to the tab "User-defined properties"
    - add a new property with the following values
    Name: ActiveSync ID2
    Value: <ActiveSync ID from easproxy.log

• I followed these steps and the devices still say invalid username or password.   Will there be any solution to this that does not require all the hoop jumping?

Anyway...  I now have a Custom Property called ActiveSync ID2 with the ID from the easproxy.log (which by the way seems to match the "ActiveSync ID Reported" under Device Properties.

Does this take a while to sync or should it work pretty quickly?  I did also sync from the device app.  Still will not let me use SMC.server.org but OWA.server.org still works fine.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Did this work for anyone recently?

I tried it on 3 different iOS devices and the result was always the same: adding the ActiveSync ID in the SMC made the account sync but mails or calendar entries were not loaded and after a few seconds i got the message, that the account was suspended and i shall talk to the administrator.

Meanwhile, mails via Outlook (PC), OWA or activesync (any other app than Outlook) still worked flawless.

Any idea?

• Did this work for anyone recently?

I tried it on 3 different iOS devices and the result was always the same: adding the ActiveSync ID in the SMC made the account sync but mails or calendar entries were not loaded and after a few seconds i got the message, that the account was suspended and i shall talk to the administrator.

Meanwhile, mails via Outlook (PC), OWA or activesync (any other app than Outlook) still worked flawless.

Any idea?

Children
No Data