This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Using Container mode - how do you push secure email app to phone?

Hi all, I'm new to Sophos Mobile and I was trying to setup container only mode, so I installed Sophos mobile on my phone and enrolled my device but there doesn't appear to be a way in the task bundle for the container to push the secure email and workspace apps to the phone?

I just get a message in the messages section of "Sophos Mobile control" to tell me to go to the play store and install them. But I was hoping to have these automatically pushed down via Sophos Mobile Control - does anyone know if this is possible or not for "container only" scenarios?

I'm using Samsung A5 Android 7.0.

Thanks in advance for your help.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,

The way I've done it is to create the apps first, so in the apps section create a new android app with the link to the Google Play Store like so :

Do this for Mobile Control, Secure Email, Workspace and Mobile Security. Then create a task bundle in the Android section

Start with an Enrollment task then add all the apps you want to push out. Mine looks like this

I've also added a profile as well , so when I assign the phone to a person they only have to open the email app and put their password in. 

• Thanks Mark for your reply. I have had to drop the testing of this - but I will circle back round to it in the coming months and will test your settings. Thanks very much for your reply.