Remote Management

Hi,

I am having issues with enrolling an iPhone into the sophos MDM.

The phones are registered in Apple DEP, and we have got them to the latest iOS through Apple configurator 2

When we try to setup the Iphone, at the Remote Managem ent point, when we click Next, I get the error "Cancelled" (please see the attachment)

Can anyone help?

Regards

• Hi Amin, 

I see that, there is a support ticket opened for this issue and an engineer is working on it. 

• what version of SMC are you ruinning

• In reply to Haridoss Sreenivasan:

Was this issue ever resolved as we still receive it

• In reply to IT Department6:

Hi  

Could you please provide more details about what is the version of Sophos Mobile you are using? Also, the iOS version on which you are facing the issue?

• In reply to Shweta:

Hi,

We have SMC 9.0.2 with IOS 12 and above.

When turning the phone on, it connects to WiFi or 4G. We then get a prompt for "Remote management", click next then the message as previous user has posted with cancelled.

We normally get the credentials screen and it proceeds with the iPhone setup, then install Sophos and applies our policy.

This issue occurs every now and again.  If we leave the phone for a few days, it may start working.

Hope the above helps.

Hi  

We had such issues earlier where it was a general error with Apple Configurator. To get around this, some users find that after you re-initialize a device, if the device is not connected via WiFi and you try enrolling it manually you will experience that error. However, if you connect the device to the WiFi and retry enrolling it should work. Also, Could you please check and confirm if there are any issues with APN connectivity? 

• In reply to Shweta:

Hi Shweta,

We don't use Apple Configurator as we are a Windows environment.

I have tried changing to WiFi and 4G but makes no difference.  I tried another phone and it worked straight away, but the original phone still has an issue.

If it was an APN issue, then I would expect no devices to enrol.

Hi  

The exact reason behind the failure can be narrowed down through the logs from the iphone only.

Could you please collect the logs from the iOS device and provide us? Please refer to this article in order to collect the logs from the device.

• In reply to Jasmin:

I can't get the logs as this is before the phone has been setup.

Hi  

Would it be possible to grab the logs from the server while you try to replicate the issue? Do you have a single APNS Certificate configured in the SuperAdmin for all of your customers?