This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Real time scanning failed

Dear sophos team.

I seen that sophos didn't catch the infected file in real time . just when I run the scan  manually  it detected them. Is this caused by the last update from version 6 to 7 ? The test file is virus test which should any android antivirus defect it while installation. Please check this issue as soon as possible. Now I am using another antivirus in the same time because I don't like to uninstall sophos mobile security.

Thanks in advance

sld312

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Is this test file in a double zipped archive?  (the executable is in a zip file and then zipped again)

I was testing another AV product on a computer and found the real time it may not catch viruses zipped multiple times it but scans / doing something with the file activated protection.

It could be the real time protection checks executables while on demand scans checks within archives.

Hmm, I think android apps / .apk files are compressed archives by nature...

Patrick

• Just an explain about the virus test is installed from play store as virus test for antivirus android which any antivirus should detected it (this is a test for your antivirus) sophos after installation had not or didn't defected it , later when I run a manual scan it detect it ? Why this issue before when I use to use Samsung phone no problems with android kit kat 4.4 but now with version 6 and another smaterphone market it manifest not normally. Could you please investigate in this issue ,because I did not believe that is true that sophos mobile security couldn't detect the easy Virus test which the very low antivirus had detected it!

Thanks in advanced

rtld312

rtld312

• Just an explain about the virus test is installed from play store as virus test for antivirus android which any antivirus should detected it (this is a test for your antivirus) sophos after installation had not or didn't defected it , later when I run a manual scan it detect it ? Why this issue before when I use to use Samsung phone no problems with android kit kat 4.4 but now with version 6 and another smaterphone market it manifest not normally. Could you please investigate in this issue ,because I did not believe that is true that sophos mobile security couldn't detect the easy Virus test which the very low antivirus had detected it!

Thanks in advanced

rtld312

rtld312

Children
No Data