This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Real time scanning failed

Dear sophos team.

I seen that sophos didn't catch the infected file in real time . just when I run the scan  manually  it detected them. Is this caused by the last update from version 6 to 7 ? The test file is virus test which should any android antivirus defect it while installation. Please check this issue as soon as possible. Now I am using another antivirus in the same time because I don't like to uninstall sophos mobile security.

Thanks in advance

sld312

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Is this test file in a double zipped archive?  (the executable is in a zip file and then zipped again)

I was testing another AV product on a computer and found the real time it may not catch viruses zipped multiple times it but scans / doing something with the file activated protection.

It could be the real time protection checks executables while on demand scans checks within archives.

Hmm, I think android apps / .apk files are compressed archives by nature...

Patrick

• Just an explain about the virus test is installed from play store as virus test for antivirus android which any antivirus should detected it (this is a test for your antivirus) sophos after installation had not or didn't defected it , later when I run a manual scan it detect it ? Why this issue before when I use to use Samsung phone no problems with android kit kat 4.4 but now with version 6 and another smaterphone market it manifest not normally. Could you please investigate in this issue ,because I did not believe that is true that sophos mobile security couldn't detect the easy Virus test which the very low antivirus had detected it!

Thanks in advanced

rtld312

rtld312