This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Power drain

Around about 10 May 17 Sophos home AV started to drain huge amounts of power (30% of battery in an hour).  I have uninstalled the app and re-installed it with no effect.  For now, I have completely removed the app as it made my phone unusable  

Phone is a Galaxy S5 running Marshmallow (6.0.1).

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I am experiencing exactly the same issue, and it started on May 10. I am running Android version 7.0, build number 32.3.A.2.33 on a Sony Xperia Z5 Compact. I noticed my phone was really hot, and checked to see that Sophos had used 35% of battery in two hours. I uninstalled Sophos and the phone cooled down. 

Anybody?

• I am also having this problem. I have been using Sophos mobile protection for several years. After a recent update on about 5/10 or 5/11, my phone started running hot and I started getting popups saying the phone was discharging faster than it was charging while plugged in. Checked the Battery settings and found Sophos was draining the phone at a rate of about 33% an hour. Tried rebooting with no change. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no change. Tried optimizing battery usage but the app complains that it won't protect your phone if you do that.

Phone is a Samsung S5 running Android 6.0.1 with the latest patch from Verizon installed on 5 May 2017.

• Hi All,

sorry for the late reply.
    This issue should be fixed with version 7.0.2288 which was released on the 17th May 2017.

Best regards
    Stefan

Reply Children
  • I just installed this on an Android device and it drained 30% of my battery in just over an hour.  Is there a document that can help me configure the software so that it doesn't drain the battery so quickly?

• I have version 7.1.2978

And the battery usage is reported to have consumed 20% of the battery, the same as the Andriod OS, that is too much.

I am using an Xperia X F5121 with Andriod 7.1.1 

And have some other issued with this version of SMC which makes it painful to use. (in my other post for details)

I am a Gold Partner but it is difficult to be able to SELL the SMC with this kind of issues.

Is this normal? or should I try something to decrease the battery usage?

Thanks!

Carlo.

• I have the same problem with newest Sophos Mobile Security (7.2). Waiting for answer. 

Can anyone say Sophos Mobile Security server address?