This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Locked out by SMSec unknown password after update to Android v6 on Fairphone2

I am blocked from accessing many apps, including messaging and system settings, by requests for passwords I have never set.

Before updating to Fairphone's implementation of Android v6, Sophos seemed to be monitoring my web traffic, flagging some apps as low security, etc., but it never asked me for a password and nor do I remember ever setting one.

Now I am unable to access my SD card, system settings or most apps without being asked for an App Protection Password and then (to reset that)  recovery password, neither of which I know or have ever set! I am seriously inconvenienced and have no idea how to fix it! Any ideas most welcome.

Tony

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Related problem here.  Updated Fairphone OS, put on App Protection yesterday, password set then not accepted today (not a real password, just four numbers and three letters) so I can't access Settings and therefore can't back up or uninstall Sophos so it's going to have to be a hard factory reset, I assume.  I won't try to reinstall the app protection. 

• related problem, 2 days ago i tried to setup the sophos on my Huawei 7 (Android 4.1). seemed that i had not yet activated all passwords. the next day i tried it now for hours but i could not access anything, as i had set up the access control for system, adresses and phone numbers, sms and other private datas. there just could be that the tool warned me that i myself have no (real) admin rights on my own phone, depending on what i had installed before. so the procedure was wrong.

but not having set some of the passwords now figured out that i could no longer access anything on my phablet, as  swipe is acitvated, that seems to produce a problem and that the sensitivity is not proper working (a hardware problem), as i figured out that what i  thought i typed in is not the same that i see when activating show passwords. now it is no longer possible to use this phablet and i also can no longer do a reset and nothing ...

what a pitty, i could not imaging having a problem like this one, and seems i sit now there and could throw away my own handy, that even no expert could helpt me to solve that sort of problem. or does anyone have a solution ... as even passwords are not the ones that i thought i had typed in ... sorry for me, but seems i locked me out myself.

when typing in my own passwords it always telles me that they are all wrong. so seems i blocked all and everything on this handy.

Tologa

• related problem, 2 days ago i tried to setup the sophos on my Huawei 7 (Android 4.1). seemed that i had not yet activated all passwords. the next day i tried it now for hours but i could not access anything, as i had set up the access control for system, adresses and phone numbers, sms and other private datas. there just could be that the tool warned me that i myself have no (real) admin rights on my own phone, depending on what i had installed before. so the procedure was wrong.

but not having set some of the passwords now figured out that i could no longer access anything on my phablet, as  swipe is acitvated, that seems to produce a problem and that the sensitivity is not proper working (a hardware problem), as i figured out that what i  thought i typed in is not the same that i see when activating show passwords. now it is no longer possible to use this phablet and i also can no longer do a reset and nothing ...

what a pitty, i could not imaging having a problem like this one, and seems i sit now there and could throw away my own handy, that even no expert could helpt me to solve that sort of problem. or does anyone have a solution ... as even passwords are not the ones that i thought i had typed in ... sorry for me, but seems i locked me out myself.

when typing in my own passwords it always telles me that they are all wrong. so seems i blocked all and everything on this handy.

Tologa

Children
No Data