This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SCEP Certificate State 'Unknown'

Hi,

We are having an issue with SCEP on SMC 6.1.

I have created an SCEP profile for Android with a root certificate and SCEP configuration. When applying the profile the root certificate appears on my device but the SCEP certificate does not. I checked the CA and the certificate had been generated but when I check the profile status on the device the SCEP State is 'Unknown'

I have confirmed the configuration is correct and this works for the Apple profile.

Also, for Active Sync certificate based authentication the certificate common name needs to be UPN, how do I configure an LDAP variable for UPN?

Cheers,

-Rob. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Rob,
    my conclusion is that with android this is a nightmare. I tested with sony devices and have the same effect. If you generate a certificate by hand you could not use the Sony standard mail app because you could not configure a exchange profile without password. On these Phones we are currently using vmware boxer as mailapp and a manual rollout process.
    Samsung could be working... but not tried.
    IPhones are working great with scep, in my comany we are switching to Apple because of this issues with android.

In the SCEP profile you could use following as Subject: CN=%_USERNAME_%@exampleupndomain.com
    In the case that your sophos mobile username is the same as in the active directory.

Cheers Peter

• Hi All,

we have seen a similar issue on Android 7.0 devices where the behavior around certificate trust and installation seems to have changed.

Our development team is currently analyzing the issue. Are you also experiencing the issue with Android 7.0 devices?

Best regards

Stefan

• Hi Stefan,
    yes i have tested with sony android 7.0.

Cheers Peter

Reply Children
No Data