This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Mobile Security - How to remove "com.sts" Threat / Spy Agent-R

Hello,

I need guidance to remove a threat detected by the Sophos Mobile Security App.

Device Information
Manufacturer:    Swipe
Model Name:    Swipe Elite Plus
Android Version:    5.0.2

I installed both these apps yesterday:
1) Sophos Free Antivirus and Security
2) Sophos Security & Antivirus Guard

Then I allowed 'Device Administrator' access for both these apps.

After the initial scan, Sophos identified a "Threat / Spy Agent-R" and reported it under "Malicious Object".

Unfortunately, this is a system process named "com.sts", that came pre-installed with the device. So, I cannot disable/uninstall/remove it without rooting, which I do NOT want to do. Nor does this process have the "disable/uninstall" options enabled in Android Settings. [Settings --> Apps --> All Apps --> com.sts --> App Info].

When I tap on this identified object under "Malicious Object" in Sophos, it opens an "object details" page, that briefly explains about the threat and the ramifications of using it.

However, I do NOT see a "remove" or "delete" option in this "object details" page, which would enable me to get rid of this threat. I guess this could be probably because the device is not rooted. Meaning, Sophos does not have the required privilege to delete a system process.

So, how do I get rid of this malicious object without rooting the phone?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Siva

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data