This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I am using Sophos Mobile protection and am pleased with it except in regard to Low reputation ratings.

Both Signal ( 1 million downloads ) and QKSMS ( 100-500k installs) are flagged as low reputation - both of these are SMS/Messaging type apps . This seems very odd - especially the Signal app given that both WhatsApp and Googles latest app use Signals protocol for encryption ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • For more information on Application Remputation please see the KB Article https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/120915

Quote form the KB article:

The reputation of an app is determined by the apps prevalent across the Sophos Mobile Security customer base, as provided by Live Protection telemetry data, SophosLabs detection data, and feedback data based on user actions.
    These user-driven feedback is collated and processed continuously to improve the quality of the reputation data.

See https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/124314 for instructions on how to reasses an Apps reputation.

Regards,
    Bohdan

• @Bodhan

Thanks for your reply and I decided to persevere with the application for the time being. However Google messenger has come up as low reputation ( more than once ) including just yesterday. It cannot be that this app is not prevalent among the Sophos android community .

Also when one takes the option to "Allow this app" the resulting message indicates that it will be excluded from all future scans . This wording is unclear - does it mean that the app is not scanned at all in scans or only that the reputation is ignored but that the app is still scanned for malware ?

For me this problem makes an otherwise great app into a bothersome app.

• @Bodhan

Thanks for your reply and I decided to persevere with the application for the time being. However Google messenger has come up as low reputation ( more than once ) including just yesterday. It cannot be that this app is not prevalent among the Sophos android community .

Also when one takes the option to "Allow this app" the resulting message indicates that it will be excluded from all future scans . This wording is unclear - does it mean that the app is not scanned at all in scans or only that the reputation is ignored but that the app is still scanned for malware ?

For me this problem makes an otherwise great app into a bothersome app.

Children
No Data