This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[Bug Report & Question] Sophos Mobile Security - App protection does not accept password anymore, (supposedly) after change of grace period

Sophos Mobile Security Version: ? (how to look it up?)
Android version : I don´t know app protection does not allow me to enter my mobile phone settings
Device brand and model name : Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Current language of  device : German
Bug Description :
1.  App protection does not accept my password anymore.

2. It accepted this password earlier. I have not changed my app protection password.

3. Possible cause for the problem: I recently increased the app protection grace period from 5 to 15 min. Supposedly, since then my password is not accepted anymore by app protection.

4. I cannot turn off app protection since app protection password request opens when I want to enter the app protection menu . I cannot deinstall sophos since app protection password request opens when I want to enter the general mobile phone´s settings (even when I try to turn sophos off first via the mobile phone´s task manager).

Question: How can I deal with this problem? Is it possible to used the Loss & Theft function to deactivate app protection or sophos in general? Help would be very much appreciated. Unfortunately I have lots of family photos and important messages on the phone, so I don want to set it back to factory settings.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.