This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Exchange ActiveSync

Hello everybody,

can someone guide me through the steps to configure ActiveSync for an iPhone?

What steps to to, create profile and so on.

Thanks for some help.

:35981

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi krowcznski,

assuming you have activated the ActiveSync feature on you Exchange server and you enabled the Exchange Active Sync Proxy on your SMC server, you would have to do the following steps in order to enable you iOS device to receive emails via the SMC easproxy:

1. Create a new configuration profile using the iPhone Configuration Utility.

2. Define the General settings as necessary

3. Go to the section "Exchange ActiveSync"

4. Enter information / configuration as needed

5. As "Exchange ActiveSync Host" enter the external URL of your SMC server

6. As "username", you can define the variable %_USERNAME_%

7. As "emailaddress" you can define the variable %_EMAILADDRESS_%

8. Save the profile without sigining and encrpytion to your hard disk

9. Log in at the SMC webmanagement with an administrative user

10. Create a new iOS profile at "Configurations | Apple iOS | Profile" and upload the previously created mobileconfig.

11. Deploy the profile to the devices you want.

Note: to make sure the variable USERNAME and EMAILADDRESS are correctly replaced it is necessary that the devices have an LDAP link to a directory user.

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Stefan

:36867
  • Dear Frnd, can you tell me same setting for Android Mobile, I am getting error when i am using Andriod Mobile.

I am using Active Sync Host and not adding any EAS Server just enter the FQDn of the mail Server and mail id password.

Also please share me step by step detail if required please tell me what is Root certificate and Client certificate and where i can get..

Naved

• Dear Frnd, can you tell me same setting for Android Mobile, I am getting error when i am using Andriod Mobile.

I am using Active Sync Host and not adding any EAS Server just enter the FQDn of the mail Server and mail id password.

Also please share me step by step detail if required please tell me what is Root certificate and Client certificate and where i can get..

Naved

Children
No Data