This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why aren't my handsets syncing to the server?

I am running SMC 6.0.5 server (On Premise), we have aprox 100 handsets in the business, about 85% Androids, then some iOS and WinPhone.

This was set up by a consultant last Autumn, and I have been asked to look at making sure all phones are connected and compliant. 

I noticed quickly that a good proportion of the handsets (which are all in daily use) have not synced (ie "Last Seen" date) for months, a lot since october last year.
Although supposedly "Managed" and "Compliant", Those handsets are also not replying to task requests such as "Refresh data", "Send message" etc.

Yet some that were set up at the same time are fine, report in daily and can receive and action tasks. 

I have checked a number of these bad devices and the app is still there running.

I have contacted Sophos support via email and the response has been terrible, waiting 2, 3, 4 days for a reply and getting absolutely nowhere.
Given the amount Sophos get from our company each year I really need a LOT more help. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • you can set up a compliance rule so that if the device has not synced for a time you will get an alert (I have mine set to 4 weeks)

If this rule is not in place the devices will not show as non compliant as there is no rule by default.

I would suggest getting one of the devices that has a problem and trying an un-enrol/enrol to see if this fixes the issue.

John

• you can set up a compliance rule so that if the device has not synced for a time you will get an alert (I have mine set to 4 weeks)

If this rule is not in place the devices will not show as non compliant as there is no rule by default.

I would suggest getting one of the devices that has a problem and trying an un-enrol/enrol to see if this fixes the issue.

John

Children
No Data