This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to use a Wildcard certificate in the SSL Certificate wizard

Hi,

This article says you can use a wildcard certificate for the SMC Server

https://community.sophos.com/kb/de-de/117742

However when using the SSL Certificate wizard and drop in the wildcard certificate in the directory it asks you to i get a error saying it doesn't match the private key.

I have tried multiple times double checking all the details are identical to the wildcard certificate i have.

What I have noticed is, after multiple attempts the private key that is generate seems to be random and changes everytime. I think the CSR it asks you to create is based on the private key and because it is random everytime dropping in the wildcard isn't going to match.

How do i use a wildcard certificate with the wizard?

Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi JaffNSX,

I am not sure if I understood you correctly.
    What exactly are you trying to do with the SSL Certificate Wizard?
    The SSL Certificate Wizard should be used to generate a CSR which is then uploaded to the CA. The CA then replies with a signed public key. You then place the signed public key into the folder as stated by the Wizard. If everything matches, a complete Certificate is created.

The SSL Wizard creates a folder within the "My Documents" section for the user currently running the wizard. It generates only generates a new private key if there is none found in the SSL Certificate folder.

Do you perhaps already have a completed SSL certificate with a Private and a Public key?
    If sou you can just use the SMC Configuration Wizard so your SMC server will use it to present the website. How to do this is explained in this article.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Stefan