This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Profile installs, Task Bundles, app removals and uninstall - Task Time outs

I have a large piece of work coming in a few weeks which will involve many tasks sending to just under 800 devices connected to our cooperate wifi.

i am removing multiple profiles and apps, installing new profiles, apps and sending task bundles, all the changes need to happen within the system downtime window of 8-30am to 5pm

not all department devices will be powered on\unlocked at the same time, we have a team visiting each department and powering on\unlocking the devices and moving to the next department once the devices are updated.

i have searched online but unable to find any info on task time outs as this could cause us a few problems, does anyone know where this information is located?

many thanks in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hrllo andrewmullins,

i haven´t an answer for your problem. But i have a question to you.

Do you use Android or iOS devices? If you use Android, how can you push the Apps to your Android Phones?

I tried this many times but it dont work (User must click on a Button and get a redirect to the PlayStore)

thx

• we have about 2500 devices, about 40% are droids.

unless you upload the apk files for the droid app to the SMC server and create a droid app package within SMC, app installs always ask the user to tap to be directed to the play store on the device.

i believe this is by design.