This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

The LDAP directory is not available at the moment

Hii All,

we have problem on my SMC server. some time, suddenly SMC server couldn't reach the LDAP to sync with domain server, with message error "The LDAP directory is not available at the moment". Can anyone suggest me what must be do.

and as information, we using the smc v6112 and for SSP using external using that sync with domain

Regards,

Slamet Y

LDAP to SMC failed.docx

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Slamet,

it seems as if the SMC server is not able to connect to your LDAP server.
    Either it is not possible to connect to it physically (e.g. firewall blocking the connection) or the LDAP account used to connect to the server is using invalid credentials.

I suggest to first run through the LDAP configuration again using the steps in this article.
    Once this works, log in at the SSP should be possible as well. Make sure to try it with and without SSL.

If this does not work make sure that the SMC server can reach the LDAP server.

Best regards
    Stefan

• we have run LDAP configuration, and there any error : Could not connect to directory server on ldap://xxx.xx.xx/. There any ports must be allowed must be open between smc server and LDAP domain?

Best Regards,

Slamet

• This problem has been solved, since we try to change LDAP as IP address, and it accept by system.....thanks you