This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Args error when installing Sophos Mobile Control 6.1.4

Hello,

I am attempting to install SMC and connect to an existing database.

I can connect to the database but when I go through the initial config and get to configuring the cert, I get this error.

I have searched the forums previously and the suggested solution was to remove html tags from the licence.sql file. I found the file, but the file is blank.

I cannot find the SMC install_wizard.log. I don't think one has been created.

Has anyone ever come across this before?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello did you find a solution? I'm having the very same problem, I think related to third-party SSL certificate.

Thank you in advance

• I didn't find a solution so much as the cause of the error.

Our organisation name has an apostrophe (') in the name, and SMC does not like that at all. The cert that we were trying to use has that apostrophe in it.

There is a fix coming in 7.0, or you can use a cert without the apostrophe.

• I can confirm the apostrophe (') in SSL certificate Organization field is causing this. Bug is present also in 6.1.12.

I would like to share a possible workaround received by Sophos Support which I cannot confirm as I had already purchased a new certificate.

"- Create a self signed Certificate (Or use any SSL Certificate at hand that you can export from the Microsoft Certificate store) having the same password as the Certificate you want to use and does not have a ".

- Import that temp Certificate using the config Wizard - Stop the SMC Proxy Service

- Rename the pfx file of your original Certificate to mdm.p12

- Copy that file to [SMC installation dir]\proxy\

- Start the SMC Proxy Service"

Then it would be required to run again this

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/122497

Hope this helps anyone having this issue.

• Thank you so much for this!

I just tried it and it has worked perfectly!

SMC now has a nice green https padlock and I can browse to the url instead of the IP.

Reply Children
No Data