This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How are people handling Apple ID's?

I have been looking through all of the SMC documentation, I've also been reading through much of the Apple enterprise documentation regarding Intial setup of Apple devices in conjunction with third party MDM management, primarily iPad's.

Specifically I'm talking about Apple ID's. What are people doing with say an implementation 100 apple devices?

I do not want to register and manage a unique Apple ID for every iPad I deploy. Maintaining an AppleID database of sorts outside of Sophos SMC is not something I would like to do.

I have heard of people using the same AppleID for every device, but I have also read about there being a limit on this number.

I also don't know what the implications of this are on purchased apps.

tl;dr - What do people do for AppleID registration / management with Sophos SMC?

Thanks for any help on this.

:39175

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • we have nearly 2000 apple devices, in most instances the user creates and manages their own apple ID on the device using our corporate email address. if there is a number of generic devices which multiple users have access to, we then create our own generic account for 10 devices, then another account for 10 devices and so on, i believe the limit of apple devices per apple icloud account is 10. Ensure the devices are supervised and activation lock bypass is enabled within SMC.

• we have nearly 2000 apple devices, in most instances the user creates and manages their own apple ID on the device using our corporate email address. if there is a number of generic devices which multiple users have access to, we then create our own generic account for 10 devices, then another account for 10 devices and so on, i believe the limit of apple devices per apple icloud account is 10. Ensure the devices are supervised and activation lock bypass is enabled within SMC.

Children
No Data