Configuring VPN Remote Access for the first time on your Sophos XG Firewall? Check out this useful Community post!
Advisory: Sophos XG Firewall - Antivirus service stopped due to failed pattern update. Please visit this KBA for the latest updates
We'd love to hear about it! Click here to go to the product suggestion community
Disclaimer: This information is posted as-is and the content should be referenced at your own risk
This article provides a workaround when Intercept-X fails to install.
1. Browse to C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\decoded\hmpa64\
2. Copy the folder contents (folder “C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\decoded\hmpa64\”) to C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\. (Create the folder HitManPro.Alert if this does not already exist.)
3. Force a manual update and check if Hitman.pro alert gets installed (You can do this by double-clicking the Sophos System Tray icon, Click About, Click 'Update Now').
1. Rename c:\windows\system32\drivers\hmpalert.sys to hmpalert.sys_OLD.
2. Open a command prompt (run as administrator).
3. Enter cd " C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\decoded\hmpa64\"
4. Enter hmpalert.exe /install /mode=sophos
5. Force a manual update and check if Hitman.pro alert gets installed. (You can do this by double-clicking the Sophos System Tray icon, Click About, Click 'Update Now').