This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there an issue with Sophos Intercept X and Internet Explorer 11?

We have seen Internet Explorer crash on every machine we install Sophos Interecpt X on. All of the Computers are Windows 10 (ver 1709).

We have had to change main browsers because of the constant crashing. On first opening it crashes on my own machine everytime. I have checked the LoadAppInit_DLLS in the registry and both are 0 (following on from another thread I read here).

Any idea what to try?  I have gathered some dumps of the crashes but don't have the experience to look at them.

Thank you

N@

[locked by: SupportFlo at 10:57 PM (GMT -8) on 8 Mar 2019]
Parents
  • Today I am on Windows Version 1803 with Sophos Intercept X Version 2.0.3.

I must admit that IE is now working a lot better. I have not had any "crashes" like before, but because I have left the ProcDump running in the background it keeps logging issues while I am using IE.

If I didn't have the log going I wouldn't notice any issues.

I tested upgrading to Intercept X 2.0.3 when I had 1709 and this was still crashing.

Can anyone else test:

Windows Version: 1803

Intercept X Version: 2.0.3

More information about Sophos versions: http://downloads.sophos.com/readmes/sesc_interceptx_rneng.html

• I agree with Natalie on this one. I recently updated my Windows 10 version to 1803 and have not experienced a IE11 crashed since the upgrade. I was previously on 1709 and I felt like every time a site had enhanced flash or java scripts within the site, IE would crash and display IE has stopped responding.

I've been on 1803 since it was released and again haven't ran into that issue not once since the upgrade. I hope 2.0.4 will fix the issue on previous versions of 1803 because 1709 was a big issue with this.

• I agree with Natalie on this one. I recently updated my Windows 10 version to 1803 and have not experienced a IE11 crashed since the upgrade. I was previously on 1709 and I felt like every time a site had enhanced flash or java scripts within the site, IE would crash and display IE has stopped responding.

I've been on 1803 since it was released and again haven't ran into that issue not once since the upgrade. I hope 2.0.4 will fix the issue on previous versions of 1803 because 1709 was a big issue with this.

Children
No Data