This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there an issue with Sophos Intercept X and Internet Explorer 11?

We have seen Internet Explorer crash on every machine we install Sophos Interecpt X on. All of the Computers are Windows 10 (ver 1709).

We have had to change main browsers because of the constant crashing. On first opening it crashes on my own machine everytime. I have checked the LoadAppInit_DLLS in the registry and both are 0 (following on from another thread I read here).

Any idea what to try?  I have gathered some dumps of the crashes but don't have the experience to look at them.

Thank you

N@

[locked by: SupportFlo at 10:57 PM (GMT -8) on 8 Mar 2019]
Parents
  • Today I am on Windows Version 1803 with Sophos Intercept X Version 2.0.3.

I must admit that IE is now working a lot better. I have not had any "crashes" like before, but because I have left the ProcDump running in the background it keeps logging issues while I am using IE.

If I didn't have the log going I wouldn't notice any issues.

I tested upgrading to Intercept X 2.0.3 when I had 1709 and this was still crashing.

Can anyone else test:

Windows Version: 1803

Intercept X Version: 2.0.3

More information about Sophos versions: http://downloads.sophos.com/readmes/sesc_interceptx_rneng.html

• The latest Windows feature (1803) update is making its way through the company - My machine has updated and Sophos is now up-to-date.

I though I would test Internet Explorer 11 with enhanced protection enabled to see if it still crashes.

It is better and I am not seeing the 'Internet Explorer is not responding' message however occasionally it does crash and I get the message saying 'A problem caused the page to re-open'.

Then usually a message saying that it was unable to return it the webpage.

When I disable enhanced protection it works fine with no crashes.

So to summarise: Better but still not fixed.

• The latest Windows feature (1803) update is making its way through the company - My machine has updated and Sophos is now up-to-date.

I though I would test Internet Explorer 11 with enhanced protection enabled to see if it still crashes.

It is better and I am not seeing the 'Internet Explorer is not responding' message however occasionally it does crash and I get the message saying 'A problem caused the page to re-open'.

Then usually a message saying that it was unable to return it the webpage.

When I disable enhanced protection it works fine with no crashes.

So to summarise: Better but still not fixed.

Children