This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there an issue with Sophos Intercept X and Internet Explorer 11?

We have seen Internet Explorer crash on every machine we install Sophos Interecpt X on. All of the Computers are Windows 10 (ver 1709).

We have had to change main browsers because of the constant crashing. On first opening it crashes on my own machine everytime. I have checked the LoadAppInit_DLLS in the registry and both are 0 (following on from another thread I read here).

Any idea what to try?  I have gathered some dumps of the crashes but don't have the experience to look at them.

Thank you

N@

[locked by: SupportFlo at 10:57 PM (GMT -8) on 8 Mar 2019]
Parents Reply Children
  • Similar situation here w/ EMR requiring IE to run...mainly due to Active X. Hopefully down the road this will change - but for now, we have 30 assets running Win 10 that are not able to run Intercept X. The Root Case Analysis feature was the main reason we purchased Int X, other than the anti-ransomware protection. 3 year term and we're unable to use the product as it was sold to us for many months now. 

Funny, Sophos was tweeting about Int X  how its a good time to review how they have infused to power of machine learning and I responded, pointing to this thread - yielded no response. 

twitter.com/.../982323323530039299

• Dustin Winger said:

In our case our EHR only functions using IE because the client plugin were developed only for IE.  To replace our EHR would cost somewhere in the ballpark of $3,000,000 so I don't think that this would be a viable option for us.

No, I totally agree that isn't feasible.  I know in the medical sector it's not simple to just make changes to your program; just sucks that when they develop such programs that only work with IE when their market share is pretty low.  Just a quick Google search shows Chrome has 60.14% and IE only 12.46%.