This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos InterceptX Updates and Install problems this week

We have installed Sophos to a couple hundred workstation so far. In the last week we have been experiencing two problems  The first problem is with the one click update function on Sophos central console. We currently have over 100 medium alerts for outdated workstations. The update button triggers the update, but the workstations never get updated like they used to.

The second issue is an install issue. Multiple workstations cannot install Sophos endpoint. They return the same error code 0x8E(142). Users on the Sophos forum indicate this is an issue on the companies side (Sophos). Waiting on a response from support.

Thanks,

Ian

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, 

same issue here.

What i did to fix the issues.... 

disable temper protection - Reinstall Sophos - > https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/124377

Sometimes after disabling temper protection it was still impossible to uninstall the product... manually delete all the Sophos directories - Program Data, Program Files...

most of the time you have to go safe mode, so i guess support cant help there...

Watch Logs ->  C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\logs

1. Uninstall from Control Panel. If you cant follow link, reboot safe mode, disable temper, uninstall

2. Manually delete all leftover folders.

3. Install again.

When you cant install it, for me 4 of 5 times was folder permissions issue, uninstall again, delete all folders, install again, watch logs. 

Change your thoughts and you change your world.