This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intercept X on VDI's protected by Sophos for Virtual Environments

Can we deploy Intercept X onto VDI's that are protected by Sophos for Virtual Environments? 

The virtualization projection policies don't offer any exploit protection and are more geared for servers. 

Can maybe speak to someone 3rd line about this? Its hard to speak to good people at Sophos. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Same here. We have gone through Sophos support, and no one has actually sat down and really tried to come up with a solution. We're trying to install the entire Sophos suite 11.5.4 as a fat install at this point, and we are still running into randomness. Broken drivers, services, and some unrepeatable successes. Currently we have the SSVM running, but like you, we want intercept x to run as well.

• Support cant even give me a coherent answer. 

I have actually deployed the SVE Agent onto a test VDI and then installed intercept X and its working. Just not sure its supported, neither are Sophos tho! 

Good product and with their recent Invincea acquisition its going to get better but their support doesn't have the depth of other products and its really letting them down. 

Maybe someone will read this at Sophos?

• We are a Sophos Platinum Solutions Partner; I asked our channel tech rep about this and currently if you use the SVM to protect the virtual machines (VDI or plain Servers) Intercept functions will not operate -- they obviously plan to add support for that at some point (I don't think it's on the currently viewable roadmap) but currently SVM provides just basic AV services to virtual machines it protects.  You could deploy the full Intercept license on VDIs but of course expect a bit of a performance hit over using SVM.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.