This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Whitelisting Applications

I am a junior IT support at the company I work in and recently had a user experience his Adobe Illustrator CC closing down "randomly". A pop up indicated Sophos and on the Cloud log in I could see a ROP exploit message against his details.

In order to get him back up and running I followed the instructions here https://community.sophos.com/products/endpoint-security-control/f/sophos-endpoint-software/82466/users-cannot-open-chrome---error-rop-exploit-prevented-in-google-chrome

As I have now white listed this application I am curious to know what the possible ramifications of this might be and if this approach is in fact the best method of enabling the application.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • For the short term I would say yes, longer term I would raise a ticket with Support with steps to reproduce including all versions of related software and OS.

If they can reproduce it then there is a good chance the problem can be fixed and you can remove the exemption.

Regards,
    Jak