This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Diffrence between computers and people in Sophos Cloud

Hello there,

We start installing Sophos Intercept X and Endpoint Protection. I already installed it on a few computers and i can see them in my sophos cloud under computers. But not all. I see a few users onder people that dont have a green ok button. And i dont see those users in computers.

I know there are a few computers that are off but also a few that are on.

I try to update them, and that works, i tried to scan with sophos and that also worked.

So is it bad that they are only under people and not under computer and are they now protected or not?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hey Jelle.

Are you syncing with Active Directory? You say there are people that don't have a "green ok button" next to them. Do they have an amber or red symbol instead or no symbol at all? Users in the People section that are not associated with a protected computer will not have a coloured health status icon next to their name. I would imagine, if you are syncing with AD, that these are users that have yet to log into a Sophos protected endpoint.

• Yes, i synch them with my AD. And no they dont have a button at all.

After i installed the sophos enterprise as admin the next day people log in. I install it most of the time when they get a free day so i get the change to do it.

Maybe its because i made a clone of another computer and use it as a backup. So no clean install but just a copy from another computer/user.

• Are you finding machines are duplicated in the Computers section? This might be because you've not prepared your cloned machine for use with Sophos Central: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/120560

Typically, we'd recommend to perform the full installation using SophosInstall.exe each time rather than copying files.

Are you able to take a screenshot of the issues you're seeing and send it to me via a private message? Hopefully that'll help me understand your issue better.

• Are you finding machines are duplicated in the Computers section? This might be because you've not prepared your cloned machine for use with Sophos Central: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/120560

Typically, we'd recommend to perform the full installation using SophosInstall.exe each time rather than copying files.

Are you able to take a screenshot of the issues you're seeing and send it to me via a private message? Hopefully that'll help me understand your issue better.

Children
No Data