This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Microsoft Power Query for Excel - False Flagging by Intercept/Crashes Excel

We have a few users that have Microsoft Power Query for Excel installed.  Whenever they enabled the add-in it crashes Excel.  If we disable Sophos Intercept it works just fine.  I can't seem to find where I can whitelist this COM Add-In.  Any ideas?  Sophos continually flags this in RCA as 'Exploit CallerCheck'.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • This issue is still crashing my Excel? I have raised a support case but im blocked from adding any details?

What is the fix for this issue? It is appalling that my users cannot work and yet you are saying its fixed??

• I only can talk about the experiences in the Environment where the problems happenend. It´s W10 Excel2010+Powerquery and Sophos Central Endpoint Standard + Intercept X. And after the update in July the "CallerCheck Exploit" False Positive still happened but now the Exploit Exclusion for this particulary false postive is working. 

• I only can talk about the experiences in the Environment where the problems happenend. It´s W10 Excel2010+Powerquery and Sophos Central Endpoint Standard + Intercept X. And after the update in July the "CallerCheck Exploit" False Positive still happened but now the Exploit Exclusion for this particulary false postive is working. 

Children