This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intercept X for Mac OS X?

Are there plans for an Intercept X on Mac OS X? And so yes when its coming?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi EricKant , 

We don't have an ETA at the moment. But is considered for Future release. 

You should expect in mid-year of 2017

Thanks and Regards

Aditya Patel |  Network and Security engineer.

Regards,

Aditya Patel
    Global Escalation Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Is there any progress on this?

I know there is an installer for the anti-virus, sophos endpoint protection, for macOS, and I see that the windows installer has options to download either with or without the interceptX portion.

Will it be the same way with the macOS installer(s) when it (Intercept-X) is ready for macOS?

An update on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

• Hello Team, 

My current vision about Intercept-X on Mac is integration of CryptoGuard feature.

For customers who using Sophos Central, Early Access Programs is already available:

CryptoGuard for Mac Computers
    Dec 2, 2016 - Aug 30, 2017

CryptoGuard provides next-gen protection for your documents, photos and other data from crypto-ransomware, a family of malware that encrypts files from your computer then extorts money to unlock them. CryptoGuard automatically reverts any damage and blocks the malware from causing further harm.

--

Best regards,
    Florian (aka LEFBE)
    Sophos Technical Account Manager

• Thank you - when will this be a production project that we can roll out to end users (as a partner)?

• Hello uk4567, 

For now, I'm talking about Cryptoguard for Mac (part of Intercept-X), not the fully package (RCA + Anti eXploit + CryptoGuard)

I do not have precise information to communicate, however, the early access program terminating at the end of August (Aug 30, 2017), I would assume that the client release could appear in Q3 2017.

Of course, it's my point of view, not an official release date provided by Sophos.

--

Best regards,
    Florian (aka LEFBE)

• Understood, thank you. Please could I ask that you reply here when it is fully released so everyone is aware on this thread?

• Hello uk4567, 

If I have more information about Intercept X for Mac OS X, I will update this thread.

Have a nice day:)

--

Best regards,
    Florian (aka LEFBE)

• Is there any NEW news on when Intercept X is coming out for OSX!?!?

I'm currently using the 'CryptoGuard' feature of it for the Endpoint Advanced OSX....

• Hello Samuel, 

As discussed before, please find below some news regarding Intercept-X for Mac

Please note that the early access is available for now

The Early Access Program for Intercept X on macOS contains several new features:

• CryptoGuard
    • Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
    • Malicious Traffic Detection (MTD)
    • new endpoint User Interface

As well as the new features that are implemented on the endpoint there are several enhancements in Central that relate to CryptoGuard:

• create exclusions in Central
    • improvements in detection accuracy and performance
    • significant reduction in false positives from tools such as npm and the Adobe Creative Studio

Please note that the existing EAP for CryptoGuard will close soon, to take advantage of the new enhancements in CryptoGuard as well as the full set of Intercept X features you should remove endpoints from the CryptoGuard EAP and enroll them into the Intercept X for macOS EAP

--

Best regards,
    Florian (aka LEFBE)

• Hello Samuel, 

As discussed before, please find below some news regarding Intercept-X for Mac

Please note that the early access is available for now

The Early Access Program for Intercept X on macOS contains several new features:

• CryptoGuard
    • Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
    • Malicious Traffic Detection (MTD)
    • new endpoint User Interface

As well as the new features that are implemented on the endpoint there are several enhancements in Central that relate to CryptoGuard:

• create exclusions in Central
    • improvements in detection accuracy and performance
    • significant reduction in false positives from tools such as npm and the Adobe Creative Studio

Please note that the existing EAP for CryptoGuard will close soon, to take advantage of the new enhancements in CryptoGuard as well as the full set of Intercept X features you should remove endpoints from the CryptoGuard EAP and enroll them into the Intercept X for macOS EAP

--

Best regards,
    Florian (aka LEFBE)

Children